Monday, March 29, 2010

Fondue on the Menu (Texas Style)


About 4 years ago when we were first stationed in Germany, we began to collect fondue pots at the local flea markets. This ensued a passion for fondue and a venue for getting all of our friends together. We usually have 10-12 pot going, wear our favorite '70's attire, and stuff ourselves silly.

Pictured above is several of our good friends from Rockwall plus my cute brother David and sis-in-law Kabree who were visiting from Amarillo. I"m feeling another party coming on.....




Wanna try my Pesto Swiss Cheese recipe? It was featured on Sisters Cafe'. I promise it won't disappoint. Check it out here.

8 comments:

Jonny said...

That's a blast from the past in more than one way! Great pictures.

La said...

I love Sister's cafe. I will have to try that recipe. I need to dig out my German Fondue pots. Thanks for the reminder.

kristine said...

I remember fondue with you!! What a fun memory to relive!!! We are on our way to Austin!

Unknown said...

What fun! I would love all your fondue recipes you have, we will be having a fondue night in a few weeks with some friends. We only have three pots though. Hmmmm!

Krista said...

What a fun thing for a party. marnie, you look beautiful in ANY style!

Krista said...

What a fun thing for a party. marnie, you look beautiful in ANY style!

Mindy said...

Did you guys make that backdrop?! I can't get over how fun you guys are. I really want to start collecting some pots now,too. I just have one now. But I LOVE that pesto swiss recipe. It is better than anything I have had at the melting pot. Thank again!

Melanie Anne said...

That sounds sooo fun!! you are such a cute girl! I wish we were neighbors! Love you!